General Laborer – Heavy Lines
Reports to: Line Captain (supervisor)
A General Laborer on the Heavy (Blue/Red) Lines perform any and all tasks on the powder coat lines other than the actual spraying of powder.
**Disclaimer: There is an understanding that the listed duties and requirements are the majority of the necessary position expectation; however the listed items are not all-inclusive. There are general items not listed but expected to be fulfilled, based on the needs of the company, within the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Able to be trained to understand proper hanging and inspecting procedures
- Return hooks and other tooling to the proper storage locations
- Maintain proper housekeeping standards
- Ensure all parts leaving the area meet customer specifications.
- Ensure part counts are accurately recorded, and communicated properly for shipment and invoicing.
- More experienced workers are responsible for understanding and performing the required quality checks, such as adhesion and cure.
- Inform management of any maintenance or safety issues
- Use masking tape and plastic plugs to protect specified areas from being coated.
- Frequent lifting of parts to and from floor level and shoulder level.
- Learn and understand work and safety rules.
- Able to keep up with moving conveyor system.
- Is able to inspect uncoated and coated parts, per customer requirements or quality criteria, and fill out proper inspection and QC reports as required.
- Performs all other duties as deemed necessary by the Supervisor.
- Able to work in hot and in humid environments
- Able to carry 50 pounds waist-high. Able to lift 20 pounds overhead.
- Able to learn to operate a fork truck is a plus but not a requirement.
- Able to inspect for non-conforming material
- Understands role in providing a quality product to the Customer.
- Wears appropriate personal Protective Equipment when required.
- Understands and obeys all Plant Safety Rules.
- Reports all accidents to the immediate Supervisor.
" " indicates required fields